Saturday, November 05, 2005

You Asked For It (well, Anne did -- several times)

I must ask you not to scream...

And I hope you’re not shocked.

I know this was kind of out of character for me,

Not to mention that I said I wouldn‘t do exactly this,

But it just sort of… happened.

I got the idea in my head

And there was no going back.

Anne already spilled the beans,

But I thought I’d string you along like this anyway.

Just bear in mind that I’m still getting used to it,

And that my ego’s not so fragile that it requires bolstering. :o)

The pix aren’t fantastic

Or even very good,

But I’m giving you what I have.

And with that I present some pictures of…

MY NEW HAIRDO (courtesy of a real-live French hairdresser):

across from the Rouen fun fair

a side shot: untamed hair a side shot: tamed hair

a side shot of my ponytail

8 Comments:

At 5/11/05 4:23 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I love it! You look so cute, very chic, which is I suppose what one would strive for while living in France. All these people cutting their hair ... not very good inspiration when I'm trying not to cut mine!

 
At 6/11/05 2:22 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Thanks, Lindsey. I hear you about the difficulty of sticking with the "I'm going to grow my hair out now" pledge. My goal has been Long for years now, and while I like it that way, practicality issues have come up and kind of tipped the scales on me. Plus, it was just plain TIME. Anyway. :o)

 
At 6/11/05 5:20 AM, Blogger Jessica Dearly Loved said...

Gorgeous, Girlfriend! Cute, Cousin! Stylin', sista! You get the picture =)
J

 
At 6/11/05 7:58 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Yes! I love it. My sister is SO COOL.

I kept expecting your one-sentence paragraphs to rhyme. :o)

 
At 6/11/05 8:13 PM, Blogger La Nuit Étoilée said...

Très chic! :)

 
At 6/11/05 8:13 PM, Blogger La Nuit Étoilée said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7/11/05 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, Kate. I think I prefer the "untamed" version. Thanks for the pix.

BESS

 
At 7/11/05 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great, Kate! : )

-RT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home