Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Rioting, Fallen World We Live In

Just a word to let you all know that I’m well. I actually didn’t even know about the riots until fairly late in the game: a result of pairing my usual passivity about current events with language barriers (deteriorating though they may be).

A bit (a lot) closer to home was the murder that took place in my town just after I left on vacation the other week. A local drugstore owner was shot by someone he apparently denied free cigarettes. Words fail me. I guess it’s not like this kind of thing doesn’t happen back home, but I just expect it more from a town of 230,000 than one of 23,000. Anyway, I’m fine and all continues normally (enough) for me at the present.

Praise God for His marvelous plan of redemption! I’m so, so glad this isn’t all there is to life.

1 Comments:

At 11/11/05 7:43 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Actually, I take it back: Cavaillon has been affected by the riots. I was talking to a police officer last night (no, I hadn't broken any laws) and he told me that there have been 10 cars burned here and I think 60 in the Vaucluse Department (which has a few biggish towns and a total population of 500,000). Wow -- I feel very sheltered, as I'm able to be so ignorant of it all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home