Tuesday, April 25, 2006

“She eez back!”

(flamboyant Mariachi trumpet solo)

whew Yeah, I’m back. During my vacation I was in Avignon, Paris (Asnières-sur-Seine)*, Avignon, Cavaillon, Maubec, Gordes, Roussillon, Les Taillades, Cheval Blanc, wilderness at the feet of the Petit Luberon, the Abbaye de Sénanque, Bonnieux, Avignon, Les Baux, St. Rémy, Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, Avignon, Paris, Paris (Versailles), Vernon, Giverny, Paris (Asnières-sur-Seine), Paris (Vincennes), Lyon, Ambérieu-en-Bugey, Jujurieux, Pérouge, a neighboring town I forget the name of, Ambérieu-en-Bugey, Lyon, Avignon, and finally back to Cavaillon. Again: WHEW!

[*bold cities indicate where I slept]

Yes, I have stories. Yes, I have photos. Yes, I still plan to post about England in the near future. But yes, I return to teaching tomorrow! So for now, I have a project for YOU: Would you help me brainstorm traveling songs? My “host aunt” (if you will) is in a cabaret that’s putting together a show as though they’re flying around the world. That means that any general traveling, flying, or fun destination songs are fair game. English, French, or other languages… this is just the brainstorming phase! Here’s my current list:

-42nd Street
-500 Miles
-500 Miles Away From Home
-A Cappella in Acapulco
-A Whole New World
-America (West Side Story)
-Back in the U.S.S.R.
-California Dreaming
-California Girls
-Come Fly With Me
-Fly Me to the Moon
-Georgia On My Mind
-Hollywood
-Hotel California
-I Left My Heart In San Fransisco
-Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
-Kokomo
-On Broadway
-Somewhere Beyond the Sea
-Sweet Home Alabama

Suggestions or comments are welcome. :o)

9 Comments:

At 25/4/06 11:42 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

It must be said ...

"Leaving On A Jet Plane."

 
At 25/4/06 12:43 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Oh! Right!

I'm sure I'm in for quite a few of those. I often forget the most obvious. :o)

 
At 26/4/06 6:13 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Chatanooga Choo-Choo

And your title and link are still hilarious.

 
At 26/4/06 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere"?

BESS

 
At 26/4/06 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So Far Away" by Carole King...not exactly an upper of a travel song, though. :)

 
At 26/4/06 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Take Me Home, Country Roads" or whatever the title is by John Bob Denver.
--JEG

 
At 26/4/06 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh, mom!

BESS

 
At 3/5/06 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some off the top of my mind.

Convoy by CW McCall,
On the Road Again by Willie Nelson,
Chicago by Tony Bennett,
New York, New York by Frank Sinatra,

John

 
At 6/5/06 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" fit any place?
(Yes, I know that is DEEP!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home