Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Never Have to Wear It Again!

We had our last Awana of the school year last night (the Awana Parents’ Party and Program). It was great. I’ll miss my kiddos. I’m sure I’ll help out again sometime.

However, I’ve decided that the next time I help with Awana, I will wear a different uniform. My shirt has always been too big, too bulky… in a word: awkward. Let’s just say that it has taken a concerted effort to ignore the fact that I’m wearing that oversized polo each week. It has done its job and I’ve worn it without grumbling (usually), but I’m at a point where it is glorious to say, “Not next time!”

The shirt looks much like the following in shape:
awana polo

I’m not a fan of tucking in a shirt, but with one of this length -- believe me, it’s long! -- there’s no way I’m not tucking it in (I settle for just tucking in the back, such that it doesn't look like a short skirt). The problem is that it’s a gender neutral shirt, which means it hides a person’s form, which for me spells disaster. (Okay, I’m exaggerating. But it’s bad.) I decided that I’m donating it to Zion for whoever might someday want to avoid buying one themselves. And I, well, I will buy one of *my* choosing next time, utilizing the wisdom I now have.

And yes, I know, it’s just a shirt.

1 Comments:

At 23/5/08 5:15 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Hey, that shirt is sexy compared to the old gray commandant uniforms. I think that's the closest I will ever get to the military uniform, which is an interesting statement considering I had little torches hanging from my awards bar, and a badge with an Indian woman weaving.

But congratulations! It's better to have Awana memories than memorabilia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home