Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Things That Make You Go, “Aaaaa!”

Here is my *abridged* To Do List for the rest of this week:

-translate “In Christ Alone” into French (so folks can follow along when I sing it for the evangelistic church Christmas program in a week-and-a-half)

-decide how much of the biblical Jonah narrative I’m going to read (with excellent pictures, for the above mentioned Christmas program)

-sweep and treat my room’s wooden floor

-buy Christmas gifts for The Fam and my French family

-buy Eva (a German language assistant) a birthday present

-go to Eva’s birthday parties (tonight and Saturday)

-tutor a 10-year-old girl in English for the first time

-prepare for my friend Mary Ann’s visit this weekend

-help Audrey with her math, English, and possibly physics homework (yes, in French)

-watch the second half of Gone With the Wind with Kerstin (another German assistant)

-prep. my medicine information for when I see the doctor on Friday (I need refills)

-prepare to be observed duirng one of my classes on Friday (well, the teacher's being observed, but during my teaching time. Hmm.)

-and of course, go see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ASAP (with Helen, an English assistant, and/or Mary Ann)

-…Oh yes, there’s more!

As you can see (I hope), these are all good stressors. I’m really happy with what fills my days these days (…these days…), though they’re often very full, causing a little bit of, “Aaaaa!”

6 Comments:

At 30/11/05 5:52 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Sounds like fun!!

You and your time management skills are in my prayers.

Love you.

 
At 30/11/05 6:26 AM, Blogger Sam G. said...

Good to see you're still making lists.

I guess European life hasn't taken its full mellowing effect yet. I guess that's probably the last thing on your list:

#2674 - Relax and enjoy my time in France.

Just kidding. All in good fun of course.

 
At 30/11/05 6:40 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I'm laughing too.

I really thought that I would have all kinds of time over here, what with having only a part-time job, but apparently not! I'm still list-making me, after all.

 
At 30/11/05 3:58 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Teachers, no matter how many "hours" they work, have more than a full-time job.

Way more.

 
At 30/11/05 8:23 PM, Blogger Jessica Dearly Loved said...

I agree, Anne...Teachers should get paid way more. But the great thing is that teaching is not a "Clock-in clock-out job" it is a ministry! (That is what they told us at our last conference). Teachers and parents are 80% of the influence in kids' lives, they said. So that is worth it!

Kate, do you speak only French at home?

 
At 1/12/05 6:43 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Kate,
I watched the first half on Gone with the Wind with the German assistant at my school, and her birthday and birthday party are on Saturday...crazy! And, I have to wait and watch Harry at home with my little brother...
But, maybe we can accomplish some things together, like shopping, partying, and translating?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home