Friday, February 03, 2006

My Lovable, Loving, Beloved Mother

I'm openly stealing the following from my father's blog yesterday. (Thanks, Daddy!)

February 2nd is my Mom's birthday, you see. And because I love the woman so much, I wanted to toot her horn on my blog as well. The following puzzle-card -- made, as usual, by my grandpa -- expresses the sentiment as well as anything could:

Mom's.card

I only got as far as "And Only Daughter-In-Law Who... ...World... ...What A Gal!" before I was stumped. I'll put a little more effort than that into my own, of course. :o) The salutation in full is as follows: And Only Daughter In Law Who Has Children Scattered All Over The World, Holds Down A Job, Teaches Piano, And Keeps Order In The Home - What A Gal!

Hear, hear. I love my Mom.

Also in honor of my mother, I'd like to share my favorite entry on Dad's blog since I left (link and scroll down). I love it because, though I am in fact on the other side of the globe, I get a window in on the action at home. Boy, do I miss it (well, them).

3 Comments:

At 3/2/06 11:01 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I love your family.

 
At 3/2/06 1:11 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Me too, or does it show?

BTW, aren't you an honorary Ghormley? If not, you might as well be. :o)

 
At 5/2/06 9:00 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Sorry, Jessica. I just could not get your comment to show up apart from this entry's individual page. I tried republishing my blog to jog Blogger's memory, but instead it erased your comment completely!! Grrr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home