Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Fête de Noël 2005

So, my church's Christmas program is this Saturday, the 10th. For those who are interested, I'm including the schedule below along with who's involved with what (just for fun!). And for any Christians reading, I ask that you please pray for this event. Pray for the preparation, execution, and follow-up, and that God would use our efforts to change the lives of those who attend. Lots of people come who aren't associated with any church. It should be an exciting and fun celebration! (Oh, and pray that my voice will be strong enough for my part, as I'm getting over a cold. May it be so for His glory!) Thanks, all!

-------
Start time: 2:30pm

Welcome (Natalie)

Song : «Voici Noël/Christmas is Here» (with all assembled)
Song : «Les anges dans nos campagnes/Angels We Have Heard On High» (with all assembled)

Sketch : «Noël chez les Chouans/Christmas With the Chouans» (Léopoldine, Esther, César, Bernard)
Reading : «Psaume 23/Psalm 23» (Nadine)
Song : «Toc, toc, toc/Knock, Knock, Knock» (the little kids: Naïs, Laure, Sterling, Eléonor, Sonnette)

Marionettes : «Au-dessus d’un bourg de Judée/Near the Town of Judah» (François)

Song : «In Christ alone» (Kate)

Sketch : «La sagesse et la bêtise/Wisdom and Folly» (Sylvie et Jean-Joseph)

Poem : «La naissance de Jésus/The Birth of Jesus» (Samuel, Kevin, Paul, Matthieu)
Song : «Il est né le divin enfant/He Is Born, the Divine Christ Child» (with all assembled)

Projection, Reading : «Jonas/Jonah» (Kate)

Sketch : «La tentation/The Temptation» (Marine, Audrey, Esther, Kate)
Song : «Celui qui a changé ma vie/He Who Changed My Life» (Marine, Audrey, Kate)

Mime : «La prison/The Prison» (Paul, Alden-John, Chantal, Stéphanie, Jacques et Samuel)
Song : «---»

Finale (The 14 children & youth)
Song : «Salut blanche étoile/Good Day, White Star» (with all assembled)

Thanks (Patrice)

Conclusion (Patrice)

Surprises (Magali)

End time: 4:00pm

Goûter/Snacks
-------

This translation is imperfect, to say the least. I haven't seen anyone else's material yet, and this is just the information that I received. Anyway, there it is. Again, any prayers would be appreciated!

3 Comments:

At 8/12/05 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like fun! I wish I could be there to see it. I will be praying for the whole thing. Remember to take some pictures.

BESS

 
At 8/12/05 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your cold is better and your throat gets back to normal. You sounded pretty raspy when we talked last weekend. I especially wish I could see the Jonah sketch on Saturday!
By the way, your box is in the mail!
L, Mom

 
At 9/12/05 4:51 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Photos: check
Cold: should be mostly gone (whew)
Box: thankyouthankyou! I'm so spoiled. :o)

It's wonderful to feel such support, even from the other side of an ocean. I love you all lots and wish you could be there.

P.S. - I realized after posting how many times my name comes up in the program as compared to others. I just kind of fell into each of those acts, and I musta asked five times whether I was involved with too much. Anyway, it's fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home