Friday, December 16, 2005

Stop. Breathe. Reflect.

My Christmas vacation started a little early (a welcome surprise!) because my classes were cancelled this afternoon due to holiday fun for the kiddos. I kicked off my two-week vacation properly by spending the afternoon giving my room a much needed cleaning. :o) I’m livin’ it up in France, my friends!

Even though not going home for Christmas makes July (and my return to the U.S.) seem ever so far away, knowing that I’m already one third of the way through my contract in France makes me realize how short my time here is! There are still so many things I want to visit, so much about the language & culture to discover, and almost all of my 280(ish) students’ names to learn, as it is my earnest hope to do. What with those and the rest of my long list of goals for this year, I’ve got my work cut out for me! :o)

Let me, again, just thank all of you who have prayed for me. It is oh, so evident that Someone has prearranged every moment of every day I spend here. I’m dealing with so many obvious blessings this year -- though that’s not to say that everything’s cake, either! Please pray that I trust God just as much when things are easy as when they’re hard, and that I don’t let myself get into a comfortable rut as I continue on into the new year.

God be with you all as many are traveling to be reunited with loved ones. And praise be to Jesus, the Son, the Savior of the world!

6 Comments:

At 16/12/05 10:45 PM, Blogger Anne said...

I learned the names of my 290(ish) students... you can learn your 280, I know it!

 
At 17/12/05 1:18 AM, Blogger Kate said...

The tricky thing is that I only see each one once a week. It's a challenge!

 
At 17/12/05 9:42 AM, Blogger Anne said...

I know, but I'm sure you already know more than you think. Are you trying to learn their English names or their French names... or both?

 
At 19/12/05 2:55 AM, Blogger Kate said...

A little of both. I figure that if I know one of the two it's a success. :o) Plus, many of them picked the English version of their French name. (Whew -- life made easy!)

 
At 19/12/05 12:00 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Hi Kate!
I will definitely bring you curling iron back...which means we will need to get together soon! I have been down with the flu since I got back here...that plane ride really did a number on me this time. Are you guys staying in Cavaillon for Christmas? I hope that you have tons of fun and tell the family that I say Joyeux Noel!

 
At 20/12/05 10:57 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Thankyouthankyou! So sorry you've been sick, Mary Ann! Yes, we'll be staying in Cavaillon, though I'm kicking around the idea of venturing out on a short jaunt after Christmas -- we'll see. I'll pass your greetings along to them. And a merry Christmas to YOU! See you in the New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home