Wednesday, February 08, 2006

La neige!

Did I mention that it snowed the other week?? It began snowing early in the morning on Friday, January 27th (which was right in the middle of when I was “playing catch up”, thus me not reporting it then).

As you’ll note below, the early morning snow was fierce with treacherous implications. School was, of course, cancelled. :o)
Early morning snow

This was the beautiful image I got to take in all day. Late in the afternoon I trudged through it (as I love to do!) with Audrey to the nearest everything store. This is probably the wettest snow I've ever experienced. We were dripping when we entered the store and when we arrived back home -- still snow, but practically water.
the back yard

It wasn’t long before that we had stood by this very spot -- without coats -- to have our apéritif (pre-dinner drinks and munchies). Winter here really is a mix of cold and warmish.
snow decorating Provençale life

Alas, it was kind of too warm for snow. The next day it rained and melted it all so that by afternoon things were back to normal. That was probably good, as most folks here are scared to drive on ANY snow, which kind of brings life to a standstill. As for me, well, I was just jazzed to experience snow in Provence!

2 Comments:

At 8/2/06 10:46 AM, Blogger Keith said...

You've had more snow in Provence than we've had in Nebraska this year. And the temps have been in the 50's and 60's. At least until last week. Now, this week feels like winter. But no snow ...

 
At 11/2/06 10:32 AM, Blogger Sam G. said...

Love that first pic of the snow.

The band has experienced a bunch of snow in the past week or so. Not much here, but elsewhere...hoo boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home