Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My Critical Error

There’s always one.

You know how when your plans get derailed and somehow it’s “not your fault” there’s always one agent that’s guiltier than the others (and conveniently lets you off the hook)? We have this need both to blame something/someone else and to justify ourselves.

I found myself pulling this little number this weekend when I was so “punctual” for a wedding that I had to wait for the grandparents, etc. to be seated and then for the bride to walk down the aisle before I was allowed inside to sit down. Bummer -- but it wasn’t my fault! Yes, it was a combination of factors (which I won’t take the time to share), but the clincher, a.k.a. - critical error, was in my understanding of the directions to the reception. I passed the place at which the reception would be held on my way there and the directions card showed it was 22 miles away from the church. So one would guess that it’s an easy 20 minutes away, right? Wrong! It took me a solid 40 minutes to get to the church from the reception site I passed. Granted, planning to get there only 10 minutes early is cutting it closer than one ought ever to cut it, but I had this whole circumstantial balancing act going on... it was seriously crazy!

(deep breath) Yes, it was my fault I got there late.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home