Tuesday, September 12, 2006

As Time Goes By

Well... I got a job! A quick shout out to Kelly Services for the part they played in that. It is, in fact, a short term position (6 months) with an insurance company, starting Monday. I’ll be doing customer service for policy holders -- not selling, just informing. I’m actually pretty interested to learn the ins and outs of insurance and like the interpersonal component because it’ll help the work from feeling too static. Well, we’ll see.

In other news, I woke up this morning and remembered what September 12th was like for me last year. That was the day I left for France. It basically combined with the 13th to form THE LONGEST DAY EVER: I woke up, finished packing, drove to Omaha with my folks, had lunch with them, said goodbye (cried), got on a plane, flew to Chicago, switched planes, flew to Paris (losing seven hours, hardly sleeping, and arriving around 9am), met up with Elissa, took the metro with all of our luggage to our hostel, rehydrated, had lunch, took a brief nap, and went on a Paris biking tour. We got back at, like, midnight. I think the definition of exhaustion goes something like that.

And here I am a year later. I’m still kind of amazed that I was out of the States for almost ten months and am still kind of overwhelmed about the bigger questions of my future. But all is well. It looks like my next life step is in place, which will give me the freedom to spend some time both trying to process what I went through last year and trying to determine how God wants to use me in the next several years. I take suggestions. :o)

4 Comments:

At 12/9/06 6:29 PM, Blogger Jessica Dearly Loved said...

Praise the Lord for a job and for a wonderful recent year. Don't worry about the future...it will all work out. Just use the slow time to listen to God and follow His voice. I wandered around for quite some time after my adventures in Europe--doing just what you are: reflecting, resting, enjoying family, doing temp work and praying about next steps. Now look what God has done. Yes, I know it will all come together for you so don't feel pressure.

 
At 12/9/06 7:39 PM, Blogger Anne said...

So this is the day that I can say...

HAPPY FRANCIVERSARY!

 
At 13/9/06 6:33 AM, Blogger Anne said...

And by the way, what's up with your font on this post?

 
At 15/9/06 11:45 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Thanks, Jessica. Yeah, I'm generally feeling very good about where I am right now.

I fixed the font! Yep, that was the result of me blogging from our computer rather than my laptop. I always start off typing in a document, and apparently Blogger reacts differently to Word than to Works. Word just thinks it's SO smart. (grrr)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home