Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ready or not, here it comes!

The end is upon me.

That is to say, my time here in France is drawing to a close at an alarmingly quick rate!

So many lasts. So many things I’ve wanted to do, but didn’t (more in terms of poor communication than of missed experiences). So many things to decide -- and quickly, because my Internet access is going spotty as the household here is going to change servers AND because Anne and I embark on our French adventure (Adfrenchure, if you will) next Thursday/Friday! And, too, so many posts about my experiences here that I never had time to put up. :o)

In honor of the fact that I’ll be spending more time than usual on foreign computers in my hunt for Internet sources, I’ll post an entry that’s been waiting in the queue all year for a good time to be posted:

5 Comments:

At 16/6/06 3:48 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I know! It is simply unreal. The real bag-packing begins tomorrow. Yep, it's every bit as surreal as leaving the States was.

 
At 17/6/06 12:37 AM, Blogger Jessica Dearly Loved said...

Wow! I hope you can jot a note while you are traveling with Anne so we can journey with you! Love, J

 
At 19/6/06 8:02 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Every time I read "The end is upon me," I think of season 7 of Buffy when the impending doom phrase is "From beneath you it devours."

Then I think of Andrew translating the Spanish into: "It eats you up, starting with your bottom."

In other news, I'll see you in a few days!!!

 
At 19/6/06 11:37 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Congratulations, Anne: you made me laugh. (Ha, Andrew...)

Can't wait to SEE you, Anne!!

 
At 20/6/06 10:21 AM, Blogger Keith said...

kate, you gotta check out your student Malaury's fond farewell, posted, for some reason, on my blog ...
http://presbyteer.blogspot.com/2006/06/mi3-and-mmm.html#comments

 

Post a Comment

<< Home