Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bring on the Cute!

Tonight was the first assemblage of Awana at Zion. I’m a helper and, more specifically, I get to help the Cubbies (preschoolers) work on their Bible memory verses. We had 21 Cubbies tonight(!) which we will be splitting into two classes, each with two teachers and a helper. It was exciting to see kids I don’t recognize from Sunday morning there already. I was expecting that kind of growth later, but it’s cool to have it right off the bat, too!

Cubbies Bear
“Cubbie Bear”, the Cubbie’s symbol -- the same visual
they used in my Awana youth

Kids seem to be my lot in life this fall. :o) I’m also this quarter’s Toddler Teacher on Sunday mornings. This is a relatively new position (which I feel like I explain anew each week to my ever-changing coworkers) which was created mostly just so there’s some extra consistency throughout the morning and from one week to the next for our little ones. After just two Sundays I can tell that some of these kids already recognize me and feel more comfortable having me there with them!!

I love kids. I just need to remember not to dwell on how much I’d like my own. :o) Someday, maybe, and I'll leave it at that.

2 Comments:

At 23/9/06 1:50 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I've wondered this ever since I heard it announced that Zion was starting an Awana program this fall. From my knowledge and experience of Awana, the program does not seem like an ideal one for a PCA environment. So is Zion tailoring it to a degree, or how did this come about?

 
At 23/9/06 7:40 PM, Blogger Kate said...

My Dad, "Commander Keith", would be more equipped to answer this question. All I know is that they are allowing us some freedoms in our application of the Awana materials. (Check out my dad's blog entry for one change we've made.) Yeah, those vision differences are the reason we haven't done Awana before now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home