Friday, July 15, 2005

Gone “Pottering”

D’you know how utterly invested I am in the overarching Harry Potter storyline and themes? Well, not quite enough to participate in things like this or this, although I do occasionally go to J.K.’s official site.

No, what best exhibits my investment in HP is an incident like that which actually happened recently: It came up at home that it’s a lamentable fact that Dumbledore will have to die before the end of Book Seven. Someone in the room asked why. I began to explain how it must be so, climactically speaking, because Harry and Voldemort must face each other in the end with everything on the line and no “safety net” (a.k.a. Dumbledore, the only wizard Voldemort had ever feared). In saying this, I began to choke up. I don’t want him to die, but I know that it must be so. Ack! I’m so excited for Book Six!!


By the way, I expect I’ll have little time or inclination for blogging until I finish it, so don’t say I didn’t warn you.

7 Comments:

At 15/7/05 3:33 PM, Blogger Anne said...

(In a Zero Mostel voice)

OOOH, I WANT THAT BOOK!!!

(Sorry to steal that comment, Bess, but you snooze, you lose)

 
At 18/7/05 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now hurry up and finish reading it so we can talk about it!!!

BESS

 
At 18/7/05 6:53 PM, Blogger Kate said...

IF ONLY. I am more bummed than I can say that life has been so busy that I'm only through c h a p t e r 3 ! And my busy schedule continues, which means I'm'a hafta give up sleep, I guess. (Don't worry. I'm so addicted to sleep right now that I couldn't give it up even if I wanted to -- which, given the state of things, I think I do!)

 
At 19/7/05 9:10 AM, Blogger Anne said...

I'm done!! Talk to me about it, Bess!!

 
At 21/7/05 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone want to loan me a copy? Otherwise I'm going to have to wait for about 3 other sloooooow people in my house to finish reading our 1 copy before I get my hands on it.

 
At 22/7/05 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I "happened" to be on vacation when the book arrived. My husband and I spent three days sitting on the couch reading HP out loud to each other from the time we had breakfast till we went to bed. We stopped only for lunch and dinner :-)

I can't wait for the next movie to come out in November!

 
At 23/7/05 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I borrowed a copy from a friend and read it today - now who wants to discuss??!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home