Monday, August 08, 2005

Purpose Statement

As I have already alluded to, I do have a purpose for this blog: it’s going with me to France, an adventure which will officially begin on the 12th of September -- whoa-ho, that’s just a month away! Yeah, I thought it’d be nice to pull a Bethany and keep everyone updated on my experience at the same time that I provide for myself an opportunity to process and discuss those happenings. Plus I have this weird fear that my English will deteriorate while I’m there (since it did something similar when I went to Mexico for a measly little week-and-a-half) so I want to keep my lingual skills on their toes, or the tip of the tongue, or wherever.

I make no promises that this blog will be interesting, but it should, at minimum, live up to its name as being a web log. Read it, don’t read it, comment, don’t comment... it matters not to me. This is just for me and whoever happens to appreciate it. Enjoy! ...or don’t. :o)

2 Comments:

At 8/8/05 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the phrase "pull a Bethany" has ever been used in a complimentary (or at least neutral) manner before - good to see it not being applied to some sort of social gaffe! ;)

 
At 8/8/05 1:14 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Don't kid yourself, Bethany. You know what they say about imitation! And I would have linked to your blog, of course, were it still there. How are you enjoying the unfettered life, anyways?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home