Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Que c’est merveilleux!!!

I’ve been kind of busy recently (thus the sparse blogging), doing things like, oh, trying to find a place to live when I get to France… little things like that. Well, I FOUND SOMETHING! I have been invited to live with the pastor of a church in Cavaillon (which my missionary contact in France tells me is solid -- praise God!), his wife, and four kids. C’est fantastique, ça! So fantastic, in fact, that I just had to share. :o)

Lots of other great things have been coming together, too: I talked to my principal contact and she’s really nice, I found out that I’m teaching in THREE little towns, rather than “just two”(!), Daddy gave me a spiffy new laptop, I’ve had excellent, regular contact with the
MTW team leader in Marseille, I‘ve made several phone calls en français (all with relatively successful results)… lots of wonderful, wonderful blessings.

*sigh*


Okay, I’ve gushed. Now, back to work!

5 Comments:

At 6/9/05 12:47 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Katie, I'm so happy for you. In fact, I'm here at school (lunch break), almost crying (surprise, surprise) with tears of joy. You are going to have such a great experience, and I thank God for providing everything for you. I will miss you so so so SO much, but I know you will have a fabulous time and be a better, stronger person for it.

*Raising my Aquafina bottle* Here's to quality time with you this weekend before you go away for months and months!

 
At 6/9/05 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Anne said. This is fantastic news!

BESS

 
At 6/9/05 2:56 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Yeah, my response was what I can only describe as severe joy, characterized by grinning, random laughter, being near tears, and saying "Que c'est merveilleux!" for about ten straight minutes.

Yeah, I'm officially pumped. And yeah, I'm going to miss you all terribly!

 
At 7/9/05 1:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just here to throw in another "Praise God for his endless blessings and mercies showered upon us through grace alone..." and such.

So how does the pastor feel about siblings as extra house guests?

Sam G.

 
At 7/9/05 10:03 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Well, when're you coming? ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home