Sunday, September 25, 2005

Alive and Well

No, no, I didn’t die or anything… and I apologize for being such a stranger. I’m merely experiencing technical difficulties. Dad and I tried to prepare my laptop for France, but things are not working as they should -- alas! It boils down to problems with accessing the internet and problems with my power source. *sigh*

Wow, I have lots to share, but it’s gonna take me a little while to get caught up. The abbreviated version is that my trip with Friend Elissa was very good, and getting settled in my French home amidst my French family is going very well. As for the French language, it’s taxing, but I think (and they tell me) I’m doing well. Yeah, it’s just immensely draining, mentally, to converse about even the simplest of things. Well, you get what you ask for, right?

Anyway, there’s more to come (I‘m thinking one blog entry per city visited), but until then I’ll pacify you with one photo from each. (Note that these are most of the photos with me in them. We had only one or two “personal photo moments” per place.)

Paris
The Obligatory Eiffel Tower Pose
...and the obligatory Eiffel Tower pose.

Rome
Rome's Trevi Fountain
...wishing to return at the Trevi Fountain.

Florence
Florence in the Rain
...enjoying the rain and the beautiful countryside.

Venice
Kate in Venice
...in all its Venice-ness.

10 Comments:

At 25/9/05 10:36 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Ha! I just changed PontifiKate's clock to France time, and it looks like it has changed the whole time-stamp history of the blog. Anyway, now you'll know what time it is for me when you post -- wherever and whenever you may be. :o)

 
At 25/9/05 11:05 AM, Blogger La Nuit Étoilée said...

Bon matin Kate! N'oublie pas ta langue anglais!

 
At 25/9/05 11:07 AM, Blogger La Nuit Étoilée said...

...ou bonne soir! (just saw what time it is there)

 
At 25/9/05 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate,
I am so glad to hear that things are going well! Sounds like your adventures so far have turned out well and you're just getting started! Je te verrai en France!
Mary Ann

 
At 25/9/05 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you're alive, well, and having fun. :)

 
At 25/9/05 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear things are smooth right now for you! God bless the rest of your journey!

 
At 25/9/05 9:00 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Kate! I miss you! Thanks for the email. I think I'll start using Baptiste's nickname for you. "Go-Kate" is just too good to let him have to himself.

I'll send you an email soon. I know how awesome it is to get those messages when you're homesick, so I'll send one soon.

Miss you, love you, praying for you.

 
At 25/9/05 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we need to start a collection of photos of people wearing RUF t-shirts around the globe. Represent!

 
At 27/9/05 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate!

I love the photos! I can visualize myself where you are and I know the context of each photo! I hope to hear everything about your impressions and experiences!
Love from Asia,
Jessica

 
At 29/9/05 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate! What wonderful photos! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home