Friday, September 09, 2005

My Montage Mentality

I truly am the product of what I watch: I keep waiting for the music to intensify, the dialogue to fade, and the montage to kick in, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen after all. Darn.

Whenever there’s something BIG like this that, you know, looms out in front of me, I can’t help but think of it in terms of, “Oh, and then there’s that bit at the end (you know, right before I leave) during which I get massive amounts of everything done -- and don’t worry: it’ll get done.” Well, I’m here and it’s now, and this is the time during which it all “gets done”… at least it had better.

I actually think I’m in decent shape in terms of all I need to do, but it’s like I kind of resent that I actually have to spend time doing every little thing I knew I’d have to do eventually. Whatever, Kate. :o)

Boy, this entry makes me sound like a spoiled child! Maybe I am… Maybe I am.

I LEAVE ON MONDAY!!!

8 Comments:

At 9/9/05 12:48 PM, Blogger Anne said...

I have had the exact same thought recently! "If only I could get into a groove with teaching, I could have a 'first year montage,' complete with me looking really cool, the kids looking really interested, reaction shots of people laughing at my jokes, clips from excellent concerts and the musical..." Ah. That would be nice. And easy.

...But alas.

Kate, you have to spend every second with me this weekend, okay?

 
At 12/9/05 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage, Kate.

Votre soeur,
BESS

 
At 12/9/05 11:29 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Yep, I'm off! And I *think* that everything necessary got done -- I hope.

Please pray for safety, and that I would love God steadfastly through this immense life change.

I'll be in touch...

 
At 12/9/05 12:44 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Let me tell you... driving home after saying goodbye to your sister for an entire year sucks.

I love telling Kate about what I did when she left for college...

I was a junior in high school, and Mom and Dad were going to leave mid-day with Kate to take her to Indiana. I was home when they left, and it was a bit tearful. After they left, I was alone and lonely, so what did I do? I watched two crying movies - Father of the Bride and It's a Wonderful Life. I sat on the couch by myself and cried through both of those movies. It was definite wallowing, but I think I got the emotions out of my system. Maybe I'll watch a sad movie tonight. :o)

 
At 12/9/05 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, I'm praying for you today!! (I was right behind you for two seconds while you were leaving AFC Sunday and wanted to give you a hug goodbye, but I lost you in the crowd. No hug, just a goodbye comment instead.)

May God bless you and protect you,
-RT

 
At 19/9/05 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate,
I can't wait to hear how it is in France! Tell us everything! I'm sure you will have more stories than you can fit. Praying for you...Jessica from Asia

 
At 19/9/05 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you?? They have internet cafes in Europe, you know! :) Your public demands an update!

 
At 21/9/05 7:55 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Um, seriously Kate. Throw us a frickin' bone here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home