Wednesday, May 31, 2006

An Update For Y’all

It occurs to me that I’ve neglected to post just regular ol’ updates here on my blog, which was one of my core PontifiKate intentions. Oops! Hopefully my faithful readers have been able to piece the big things together just through being observant, though I’m sorry that was necessary. :o)

SO, here’s the current scoop on me:

I continue teaching English here in France through Thurs. June 22nd. On Fri. June 23rd my sister, Anne, will arrive in Paris and we’ll travel around together who knows where, as our itinerary is yet to be decided. It’ll be AWEsome, whatever it includes! :o) We return to the States together on Thurs. July 6th. Wow, that’s soon!!

I plan to “land” at home in Lincoln, though I’m not sure how long I’ll stay there. I hope to find a decent paying job that I *like* and can keep for a year or two, while I get good and stable, financially speaking. (If you all have employment leads, please send them my way!) After that, I’m thinking ministry, though I have no idea where, what, or how. I’ve got lots of ideas, but need to give them time to settle, I think, and reflect upon what will be the best way for me to move forward.

So that’s about it. I know that I’m in for a mental trip, what with leaving one continent/life and returning to my home continent/life. It’ll be strange and stressful, but it’s definitely TIME.

If I left anything out, I’m happy to field any questions -- within reason ;o) -- so feel free!

6 Comments:

At 31/5/06 7:45 PM, Blogger Jessica Dearly Loved said...

Thanks for the update, Kate! I was one of those blog-checkers wondering what your plans were. I'm glad to know the dates of your time with Anne. That sounds short! I hope you can soak in every memory possible. If I were in Paris again, I would climb the stairs to the Sacre-Coeur one more time. If I were in Europe again I would visit Prague. May God provide just the job for you in these next couple of years. (Have you Checked into Lincoln Christian? My principal here once taught there). Love, J

 
At 1/6/06 1:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

If only it were as "easy" as finding a teaching post. I'm actually not certified to teach in the U.S. and would need another year or two of school to become so (not my current plan). As it is, my options are so wide open that I hardly know where to begin. Okay, so that's an overstatement, but I *am* open to a variety of jobs, especially since I'm not planning to keep it longer than two years. Basically anything that pays decently and (hopefully) interests me and utilizes my strengths -- whatever they are. :o)

Oh, and thanks for your suggestions, Jessica!

 
At 1/6/06 2:08 PM, Blogger Keith said...

If you go into your interview with this "only 2 years" idea, you will turn off many employers.

Plus, just because you have a full-time day job doesn't mean you can't also be doing ministry.

But you knew that.

 
At 1/6/06 2:25 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Thanks, Daddy. Yeah, I don't plan on mentioning the two-years thing during an interview. :o) The truth is that it's very possible I'll want to keep the job longer than that, though if they ask, I'll tell 'em what I'm thinking at present.

 
At 1/6/06 5:12 PM, Blogger Nathaniel said...

I just got a summer job in Seattle working for Alaska Airlines which I'm pretty excited about. As soon as I got the job a little part of me thought "Wow, a stable, normal job! Maybe I should just stay here and live a peaceful ordinary life..." But off to seminary in the fall it is.

In my young and in-experienced experience I think employers appreciate honesty, at least when they ask for it...

best of luck!

 
At 3/6/06 3:49 AM, Blogger Jessica Dearly Loved said...

hey, did you know that at some Christian schools you don't necessarily need teacher's certification, but you need experience? You have experience and education...check it out anway. One teacher from here is going to TN to teach Spanish at a Christian school, but she doesn't have certification either. Just a thought. Love ya! J P.S. Thanks for taking the challenge to word verify on that foreign keyboard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home